Pain Management from Our Houma and Thibodaux Chiropractor
Our Houma and Thibodaux chiropractor helps you manage chronic pain naturally, rather than with the aid of pain medication. If you're interested in regaining control of your life and reducing instances of chronic pain, read on to learn what conditions cause chronic pain and why to choose chiropractic care for pain management.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain
You've been feeling back pain off and on, but how do you know the pain is chronic? Chronic pain is defined as pain that persists beyond an expected time frame and does not respond to the usual pain management methods. If you've been resting and icing your low back after a move, for instance, and the pain is not getting better, it is chronic pain.
Evaluate your level of pain and your symptoms. If your pain hasn't responded to conservative care, such as rest and ice, it's time to seek treatment. Because chiropractors heal the musculoskeletal system using natural treatment methods, they are the best choice for chronic pain management.
What Conditions Cause Chronic Pain
An underlying condition may be causing your chronic pain. Until you treat the underlying condition, you'll still experience symptoms. Conditions that cause chronic pain include:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
How Chiropractic Care Relieves Chronic Pain
We relieve chronic pain through:
- Chiropractic adjustments - Chiropractic adjustments restore the alignment of your spine to reduce inflammation and pain in the neck, back, shoulder, and extremities.
- Spinal decompression - Spinal decompression relieves compression of the spine, herniated disc, slipped disc, and sciatica.
- Massage therapy - Massage not only soothes your mind, it soothes tight muscles and encourages the recovery process in injured tissue.
- Physical therapy - As we control the source of your pain, we will introduce physical therapy exercises that loosen tight muscles, encourage the range of motion, and help you heal.
See our Chiropractor in Houma and Thibodaux
Reserve a free consultation with our chiropractor online or by calling 985-873-8586 for our Houma location or 985-447-2225 for our Thibodaux chiropractic clinic. You'll learn the source of your chronic pain, how we can help, and more.