Shoulder Pain Treatment With Chiropractic Care
If you are looking for a chiropractor in Houma or Thibodaux that can treat the source of your shoulder pain, we are here for you. Houma - Thibodaux Spine & Rehabilitation offers the best in chiropractic diagnostics and treatment you can find.
Common Shoulder Problems
Our treatments help to lessen and often eliminate that bothersome shoulder pain that prevents you from experiencing life as you should. Some common causes of shoulder pain include:
- Dislocated shoulder
- Rotator cuff injury
- Tendonitis – A cousin of bursitis, this condition often comes on gradually and builds until you wake up one morning with shoulder pain. Tendonitis is an inflammation of the tendons, the dense cords that fasten your muscles to bone.
- Bursitis – A condition that affects the small, fluid-filled sacs called bursa that cushions tendons, muscles, and bones near joints. Bursitis is usually produced by robust activity or repetitive motion and typically becomes more intense with age. Activities that often lead to bursitis include tennis, throwing, pitching, golf, carpentry, and gardening.
- Frozen shoulder – a painful and debilitating condition that makes simple daily tasks like brushing your teeth or buttoning your shirt all but impossible and prevents a good night’s sleep. If left untreated, a frozen shoulder can lead to the inability to use it for months and even years.
Types of Treatment
Our chiropractor can provide relief from your shoulder pain. Here are four common shoulder problems and the treatment used for them.
- Rotator Cup Injuries - Chiropractic massage therapy is often used to release ‘trigger points’ and relax tight muscles. Sometimes ultrasound is also used to reduce inflammation and/or cold laser so muscular micro-tears heal more quickly.
- Bursitis - We often use a combination of chiropractic massage therapy and ultrasound to reduce inflammation and pain. This process also breaks down scar tissue. Sometimes herbal anti-inflammatories that more quickly reduce inflammation are recommended.
- Frozen Shoulder - About 2% of all adults between the age of 40 and 60 experience this debilitating condition. Low force instrument adjustments and chiropractic massage therapy provide effective methods of treatment for a frozen shoulder.
- Tendonitis / Shoulder Injuries - X-rays and a thorough examination enable us to create a treatment plan designed specifically for you. Treatments such as chiropractic massage, TENS, ice therapy, and herbal anti-inflammatories are often prescribed to treat various shoulder injuries.
If you are looking for an experienced chiropractor who can treat shoulder pain, give us a call!
430 Corporate Dr, Houma, LA
2000 Audubon Dr St. D, Thibodaux, LA Phone: (985) 447-2225