Shoulder Pain Treatment at Houma-Thibodaux Spine and Rehabilitation
When you suffer from shoulder pain, you may feel as if you've been robbed of one-quarter of your physical capabilities. Debilitating acute or chronic pain in the shoulder joint may make using your arm but all impossible, making everyday tasks or even finding a comfortable resting position impossible. But don't assume that you have to undergo surgery or "just live with" your shoulder pain. Here at Houma-Thibodaux Spine and Rehabilitation, our chiropractic team can analyze the precise nature of your shoulder problem and prescribe natural, non-invasive shoulder pain treatment.
Common Shoulder Problems and Symptoms
The human shoulder is capable of an extremely wide range of motion thanks to its ball-and-socket arrangement. Normally this motion is facilitated by a set of muscles and tendons collectively known as the rotator cuff. But this assembly can fall prey to some painful injuries and conditions. Common shoulder problems include:
- Bursitis - An inflammation of the bursae that makes moving your shoulder painful
- Strains and sprains - Damage to the tendons or ligaments, caused either through chronic overuse or acute injury
- Tendinitis - Inflamed tendons caused by repeated micro-tears in the tissues of the shoulder, a frequent problem in athletes and workers who over-stress their shoulders
- Dislocation - An acute, extremely painful, sometimes recurring injury in which the ball of the joint pops out of the socket
- Rotator cuff injury - A rotator cuff injury usually means that one or more of the muscles or tendons of the rotator cuff have become ruptured or stretched, creating severe pain and stiffness in the affected shoulder
- Frozen shoulder - A stiffness of the shoulder promoted by long periods of inactivity, such as enduring weeks with your arm in a sling
Non-Surgical Solutions From Our Chiropractic Team
Not every form of shoulder pain actually stems from the shoulder joint itself. In some cases, muscular stress of nerve compression in nearby structures such as the neck or upper spine can refer pain signals into the shoulder. Our chiropractic team can evaluate your shoulder, musculoskeletal alignment, medical history, and current symptoms to pinpoint the cause of your pain. If your shoulder is dislocated or even slightly misaligned, chiropractic adjustments can greatly improve its function, while spinal adjustments or spinal decompression can relieve a referred-pain problem.
Our soft-tissue treatments may also be of great value in relieving your pain. Massage therapy can soothe inflamed shoulder tissues and help them heal more rapidly. Physical therapy can reduce stiffness and rebuild shoulder strength. We may also recommend workplace or lifestyle changes to help prevent overuse injuries to the shoulder.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Shoulder pain is an awful weight to bear, but you don't have to shoulder that burden alone. Call Houma-Thibodaux Spine and Rehabilitation at our Houma or Thibodaux office to schedule safe, all-natural shoulder pain treatment from our caring team!