Plantar Fasciitis Treatment with our Houma and Thibodaux Chiropractic Staff
At our chiropractic clinic, you'll see how a Houma and Thibodaux chiropractor treats foot pain caused by a wide variety of conditions, including the commonly diagnosed condition known as plantar fasciitis. Is this condition affecting you or a loved one? Read on to discover how we can help.
Signs & Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis typically presents with sharp or stabbing pain the heel and underside of the foot where the plantar fascia is located (it's the thick band of tissue that forms your arches). This pain is often worse when you first bear weight after not doing so for a long time, such as when you first get out of bed in the morning or stand up after sitting for a while. Plantar fasciitis can also cause pain and discomfort while standing and your foot may also experience some swelling, tenderness, and redness.
Causes & Mechanisms of Plantar Fasciitis Injury
Just about anyone may be at risk for developing plantar fasciitis, which is essentially a condition of inflammation and tissue damage to the plantar fascia. It's particularly common among people who:
- Stand a lot at their job
- Are overweight and/or have other non-ideal lifestyle factors, such as a positive smoking history or excessive consumption of sugar (both of which can trigger inflammation)
- Do "too much too soon" in training
- Participate in a lot of high impact, high volume sports or activities (jumping, running, etc.)
- Have unique postural imbalances or muscle length impairments
How a Chiropractor in Houma Treats Plantar Fasciitis
If you need foot pain relief in Houma and Thibodaux or a surrounding area, then we encourage you to get in touch with one of your chiropractors. We can help you "heal your heel" using several drug-free methods, including:
- Postural screens and adjustments, to identify areas of mobility restrictions and imbalances which may be putting excessive or abnormal pressure on your plantar fascia
- Massage therapy, to relieve tension and strain in the fascia, muscles, and surrounding tissues in your lower legs, as well as facilitate circulation of blood and lymphatic fluid to reduce inflammation and swelling
- Corrective exercises, specifically designed and implemented to facilitate tissue healing and restore strength to your leg, ankle, and intrinsic foot muscles
Find Plantar Fasciitis Relief in Houma & Thibodaux LA Today
Is your foot pain keeping you on the sidelines of life? Get plantar fasciitis pain relief in Houma by contacting Houma-Thibodaux Spine & Rehabilitation today at 985-873-8586 (Houma) or 985-447-2225 (Thibodaux), or you can fill out our convenient contact form online.